Inquiry’s Second Public Step
- The Participation (Standing) Hearings are a necessary precursor to the Inquiry’s formal Public Hearings.
- The Participation (Standing) Hearings are the means by which the Commissioner decides who will participate in the Inquiry’s Public Hearings.
Schedule and Procedure
- The hearings will run from 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM. There will be a morning break at 11:30 AM; lunch recess at 1:00-2:15 PM; afternoon break at 3:30 – 3:45 PM.
- Please enter the Elgin County Courthouse from the main entrance on Wellington Street, you will be required to pass through security upon arrival. You will need to walk through a metal detector and your belongings will be subject to search
- Applicants seeking to participate are asked to arrive between 8:30 – 9:00 AM to check-in and pass through security.
- Upon passing through security Applicants need to seek out and speak with either Will McDowell, Lead Commission Counsel or Rebecca Jones, Commission Counsel to sign-in.
- The Participation (Standing) Hearings are open to all members of the public, everyone is welcome to attend. The Elgin County Courthouse is an accessible barrier-free building that includes elevators and accessible washrooms. The Courtrooms feature infrared hearing assistance for the hearing impaired. Please request this equipment when checking in.
- There is ample parking nearby the Courthouse. Free 10 Hour parking is available on Centre Street and a paid parking lot is located on the corner of Wellington Street and Crocker Avenue.
Date & Time
December 12 & 13, 2017
10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Elgin County Courthouse
4 Wellington Street
St. Thomas, Ontario